Libertines

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby irishscummyman » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:35 am

Lmu Wanderer wrote:
irishscummyman wrote:
Choo Choo wrote:Three words... Best band EVER :(

three more words........I totally agree.

Are you two being fucking serious? I could write a list long of reasons why they aren't the best band ever, but it's 3am and I'm too fucking tired.

Here's a list of bands that a are better than the Libertines (In alplabetical order)

- Abba

Ok that's all I'm going to do for now.

well I am anyway.

This is just my opinion which,last time I looked was allowed to have.

But how good are Abba!
irishscummyman

Postby Lmu Wanderer » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:53 pm

You are the Dancing Queen....

Can't beat it pal, can't beat it!
Lmu Wanderer
Baby I'm Yours

Postby irishscummyman » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:34 am

On a related note Mr. Doherty missed his dublin show last night, missed his flight. As long as he doesn t miss derry on saturday I'm still happy.
irishscummyman

Postby surrey_casual » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:28 pm

pray mate, just pray.....
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby irishscummyman » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:50 pm

I've got the old roasary beads out, just forget how to use them
irishscummyman

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:24 am

The greatest band of all time.

When Pete and Carl went there separate ways I stayed in bed all day, crying and listening to the sessions, I didn't eat... dropped 15 pounds, completely lost all contact with the outside world, and severed all ties with friends and family. Because seriously folks, if Pete and Carl can't find peace, there really isn't much hope for the rest of the world.

I saw them live though, that was just fantastical.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby irishscummyman » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:19 pm

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life. We waited on Pete for around 5 hours and while we were waiting we were given free t-shirts. They were pink and there were ten who got mentioned by the support act(who gave us a free cd as well) as the pink army. Pete posed for photos for us, signed stuff and generally was quite sociable. Me and my friend had bought these hats and I gave him mine. He's really tall by the way. he said thanks and he wore the hat for the rest of the day until he went on stage. He took our pizza as well. Before he went in I asked him to mention my town in albion. When it came to it he forgot, but rememberd the t-shirts and came over too me and gave me the mike, and he actually mentioned it. We got a song dedicated to us( this ones for the ones on the pink t-shirts who sat on the wall. Drew the bassist actually had to run off the stage once somebody ran up on the stage and stole his jacket. They played a few libertines songs, "time for heroes" "What Katie Did" and after a fan requested (and gave a cigarette) "Dont Look back into the sun". Lots of good old Irish olé chants which he thought were funny. Oh and my friend threw his hat on the stage and he kicked it up onto his head first time and said thanks ,I’ve still got the one from earlier though.
irishscummyman

Postby Space Invader » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:24 am

i kind of missed the boat with them - i got really into them just as they were splitting up and split up :(

irishscummyman that sounds immense! if you can get closer to him, try to get yur forum pals on guest lists and what not :!:
Space Invader

theyr'e k

Postby Kiran » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:51 pm

i got no beef againt them i mean they're ok
some want to kiss some want to kick you
"that girl is an indie cindy-lego haircut & polkadot dress"
Kiran
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby arctic_funky » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:24 pm

irishscummyman wrote:Yesterday was one of the best days of my life. We waited on Pete for around 5 hours and while we were waiting we were given free t-shirts. They were pink and there were ten who got mentioned by the support act(who gave us a free cd as well) as the pink army. Pete posed for photos for us, signed stuff and generally was quite sociable. Me and my friend had bought these hats and I gave him mine. He's really tall by the way. he said thanks and he wore the hat for the rest of the day until he went on stage. He took our pizza as well. Before he went in I asked him to mention my town in albion. When it came to it he forgot, but rememberd the t-shirts and came over too me and gave me the mike, and he actually mentioned it. We got a song dedicated to us( this ones for the ones on the pink t-shirts who sat on the wall. Drew the bassist actually had to run off the stage once somebody ran up on the stage and stole his jacket. They played a few libertines songs, "time for heroes" "What Katie Did" and after a fan requested (and gave a cigarette) "Dont Look back into the sun". Lots of good old Irish olé chants which he thought were funny. Oh and my friend threw his hat on the stage and he kicked it up onto his head first time and said thanks ,I’ve still got the one from earlier though.

:shock: OMFG JEALOUS!!!! :evil:
arctic_funky
Put your dukes up!

Postby Space Invader » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:53 am

Libertines are now my fav. band - just sheer immense awesomeness in everything they do.

I love them
Space Invader

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:07 pm

irishscummyman wrote:Yesterday was one of the best days of my life. We waited on Pete for around 5 hours and while we were waiting we were given free t-shirts. They were pink and there were ten who got mentioned by the support act(who gave us a free cd as well) as the pink army. Pete posed for photos for us, signed stuff and generally was quite sociable. Me and my friend had bought these hats and I gave him mine. He's really tall by the way. he said thanks and he wore the hat for the rest of the day until he went on stage. He took our pizza as well. Before he went in I asked him to mention my town in albion. When it came to it he forgot, but rememberd the t-shirts and came over too me and gave me the mike, and he actually mentioned it. We got a song dedicated to us( this ones for the ones on the pink t-shirts who sat on the wall. Drew the bassist actually had to run off the stage once somebody ran up on the stage and stole his jacket. They played a few libertines songs, "time for heroes" "What Katie Did" and after a fan requested (and gave a cigarette) "Dont Look back into the sun". Lots of good old Irish olé chants which he thought were funny. Oh and my friend threw his hat on the stage and he kicked it up onto his head first time and said thanks ,I’ve still got the one from earlier though.

Yeah, question..... how the fuck can you talk to Pete without just jumping on him?? I love his box face. Ugghhh, too bad I WILL NEVER SEE PETE EVER!
AlisonFasheeta

Re: theyr'e k

Postby Lmu Wanderer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:15 pm

Kiran wrote:i got no beef againt them i mean they're ok

Neither have I, just chicken.
Lmu Wanderer
Baby I'm Yours

Postby arctic_funky » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:41 pm

Bernard Matthews anyone?
:)
arctic_funky
Put your dukes up!

Postby The french way » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:16 pm

AlisonFasheeta wrote:Yeah, question..... how the fuck can you talk to Pete without just jumping on him?? I love his box face. Ugghhh, too bad I WILL NEVER SEE PETE EVER!

neither will I, but... let' s be positive :twisted:

i' d rather jump on Carl than on Pete though
The french way
Brucey Wayne

PreviousNext

Return to Other bands...