Libertines

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby vicky14 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:43 pm

awww i miss them so much, they were a great band. so sad they split... :(
vicky14
Baby I'm Yours

Postby surrey_casual » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:31 pm

yeah i miss libs too..................... :cry:
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby irishscummyman » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:59 pm

I reckon the only chance they will ever reunite would be a one off thing like a Mick Jones tribute show (he doent need to be dead to have a tribute show) or somekind of trbute thing, apart from that its only in dreams
irishscummyman

Postby vicky14 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:44 pm

don't wanna sound pessimist, but i think there's no hope, i don't think they'll ever be together again. I wish they could but...
vicky14
Baby I'm Yours

Postby The french way » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:45 pm

vicky14 wrote:don't wanna sound pessimist, but i think there's no hope, i don't think they'll ever be together again. I wish they could but...

As far as I know the Libertines, I' ve always thought that Carl and Pete were soulmates... I mean, they' re meant to be together musically, you know? it' s a bit like Paul McCartney and John Lennon... though what they do separately is great, they just get higher together. Fact. And I wish pete could go on rehab (and go clean)... he could maybe realize that Carl IS the guy. I' ve just finished a book about Pete written by a french jounalist... it says that Carl waited for Pete when he got out of prison. And they did that show (cover of the second album)... how cute, really! :roll: :wink:
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby vicky14 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:25 pm

agreed, they' re meant to be together musically, And I wish pete could go on rehab too, but honestly look at him, he's always fucked... he's already been to thousands of rehabs and immediately left and kept his bad junkie habits... it's sad, but i don't think there's any hope.
vicky14
Baby I'm Yours

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:01 pm

vicky14 wrote:agreed, they' re meant to be together musically, And I wish pete could go on rehab too, but honestly look at him, he's always fucked... he's already been to thousands of rehabs and immediately left and kept his bad junkie habits... it's sad, but i don't think there's any hope.

Maybe Pete Doesn't have a reason to get clean... I mean honestly if I were Pete I would have tried to get it together of course, but once you've seen Carl with Dirty Pretty Things, it might be just like 'whats the point?' I mean Dirty Pretty Things came out with an amazing album, and there successful and what not, it's very sad. Carl has "moved on." I think Pete always tries to get clean for other people like for Carl or Kate Moss, but he has to want it for himself to actually accomplish anything, and maybe he just isn't there yet.

I love Pete :cry:
AlisonFasheeta

Postby The french way » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:51 am

AlisonFasheeta wrote:
vicky14 wrote:agreed, they' re meant to be together musically, And I wish pete could go on rehab too, but honestly look at him, he's always fucked... he's already been to thousands of rehabs and immediately left and kept his bad junkie habits... it's sad, but i don't think there's any hope.

Maybe Pete Doesn't have a reason to get clean... I mean honestly if I were Pete I would have tried to get it together of course, but once you've seen Carl with Dirty Pretty Things, it might be just like 'whats the point?' I mean Dirty Pretty Things came out with an amazing album, and there successful and what not, it's very sad. Carl has "moved on." I think Pete always tries to get clean for other people like for Carl or Kate Moss, but he has to want it for himself to actually accomplish anything, and maybe he just isn't there yet.

I love Pete :cry:

in that book, it says that (well that' s what pete said on interviews and stuff) he has to get rid of his inner demons before getting rid of drugs. Good luck... but that' s true, there a very little probability that there will go back together one day. Tons of people prayed for Pink Floyd, for instance, and 20 years after the beginning of the arguments, they did Live8 together. So hope remains for pete and carl... :roll:
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby vicky14 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:41 pm

can you tell me what's the name of this book? it seems interesting...
vicky14
Baby I'm Yours

Postby irishscummyman » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:45 pm

The french way wrote:
. Tons of people prayed for Pink Floyd, for instance, and 20 years after the beginning of the arguments, they did Live8 together. So hope remains for pete and carl... :roll:

That was freakin sweet, i hope it does happen but sooner
irishscummyman

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:51 pm

irishscummyman wrote:
The french way wrote:
. Tons of people prayed for Pink Floyd, for instance, and 20 years after the beginning of the arguments, they did Live8 together. So hope remains for pete and carl... :roll:

That was freakin sweet, i hope it does happen but sooner

Yeah, I don't want to finally see Pete and Carl together when I'm 40. That wouldn't be nearly as great.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lizzi » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:51 pm

Hey!!!

Was casually listening to radio 1 when i heard Mills mention summat about Carl AND Pete... found this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006330432,00.html

i know i know, it's the sun, but oh well i thought i would post it anyway seeing as you lot were talking about a reunion anyway...
Lizzi

Postby irishscummyman » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:56 pm

^if thats true, then it would be amazing
irishscummyman

Postby vicky14 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:59 pm

i really, really wish they'll be back together!! Thanx Lizzi, this article prooves there's some hope! i was wrong to say there isnt any...
vicky14
Baby I'm Yours

Postby irishscummyman » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:51 pm

irishscummyman

PreviousNext

Return to Other bands...